Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Assalamualaikum...long time no see. I had been so busy with my school activities and my part-time business as freelance graphic designer that i forgot to update my blog. On the 1st of April 2010, the SMK Asajaya under PPD Samarahan had organised the Pertandingan Silat Seni Sekolah Rendah / Menengah peringkat Bahagian Samarahan. The main purpose of the tournament is to select the best "pesilat" to represent the Samarahan District for the coming Kejohanan Silat Seni Sekolah Rendah / Menengah Peringkat Negeri that is suppose to be held in Kuching this June. I am glad to announce that my school, SK Asajaya Ulu had won the title of Juara Keseluruhan Sekolah Rendah for this year. Congratulation to:
1. Muhd. Nur Asraf b. Anis (Seni Tari Solo Putera - Gold Medal / Seni Tempur Putera - Gold Medal)
2. Wan Mohd. Asyraf b. Wan Mazari (Seni Tempur Putera - Gold Medal)
3. Fakhira bt. Bolhassan (Seni Tari Solo Puteri - Gold Medal / Seni Tempur Puteri - Gold Medal)
4. Sharifah Wan Shamiha bt. Wan Mazari (Seni Tempur Puteri - Gold Medal).
Special Thanks to:
1. Perguruan Seni Silat Makrifat - your pesilat are awesome. You guys are very supportive!
2. Cikgu Azmi b. Ghazali - Perguruan Seni Silat Hailam Laut - your experiences are worthfull.
3. The teachers of SK Asajaya Ulu - thanks for the great supports.
4. Perguruan Seni Silat Betawi
Great Performances / Competitors:
1. SK Pendam
2. SK Pengkalan Sorah
3. SK Serpan
4. SK Asajaya Laut
I hope that this victory will burn the spirits of our pesilat at SMK Bandar Kuching No2 and SK (A) Datuk Haji Abdul Kadir Hassan because we are next. Get ready for the tournament this May. Good Luck!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
I did not realize that it's been almost two months since my last post. December was quite a tedious month for me as we were having two grand events, The Pencak Silat Betawi Fest (31st December 2009) and my guru's first daughter's wedding on 2nd January 2010. For the fest, I was assigned as the Secretary for the Organising Committee. It's quite a challenge for me as it was my first time to handle such big task. Before I forgot, I'd like to apologize for not promoting the fest earlier. We were short of time and man-power,preparing and practising all at once. For all the Betawiras, congratulation for the amazing demos and thank you for your cooperation. Everyone did a great job for making this fest a success. That night, we also invited some of the 'perguruan' nearby to join us and perform their skills and techniques. A million thanks to PSS Helang Putih Perkasa, PSS Makrifat, PSS Tangkis, PSS Warisan 15 and PSS Hidayah Melayu. You guys were awesome! For visuals and pictures, please visit silatbetawi.wetpaint.com.
Congratulation to Nur Hayati bt. Mohd. Alli @ Nono and Shahril for your wedding. May Allah bless you and your family with a happy and joyful life. Amin.